Welcome to the Help Wanted section of Pike County Happenings. Each week we review the area newspapers, Chamber of Commerce and e-mail submissions to help you find your next job. Thank you to The Pike Express and Pike Press, and also from area businesses for your submissions and information. Let them know you found them on Pike County Happenings!
If you are an employer looking to fill a position, please send us your Help Wanted information no later than each Tuesday night by 9pm to our Contact Us form or by email (email@example.com). Be sure to include how many weeks you would like your ad to run. This is a free service to help our residents and community.
Help Wanted July 3, 2015.
- Nucci’s Pasta House of Pittsfield: Looking for a trainee to work with our chefs. Must be willing to learn, non-smoker, and be prompt. A great career opportunity for the right individual. Must also be able to work at a fast pace. Attention to detail a must. No experience necessary but would be helpful. Call or come in for an immediate interview.
- DOT now hiring: Light Pick Order Selector, Credit Accountant/Analyst. For information or to apply, visit dotfoods.com/careers
- Illini Community Hospital seeking * Registered nurse. Med/Surg, full-time, nights. This position is responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Performs technical nursing functions and upholds standards of practice of a professional nurse in caring for patients of all ages. Requires current RN license in the state of Illinois and current BLS certification. ACLS required within 6 months of hire. Seeking *Patient Access Rep. Registration, part-time, nights, overnight 12 hour shifts and rotating weekend and per diem. Requirements: high school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred. Computer literacy required, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other office products. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills, ability to independently problem-solve and perform basic mathematical calculations. Positive interpersonal relationship skills requried. Apply online at www.illinihospital.org
- Mental Health Centers of Western IL has a part-time position available for a Developmental Training DSP at the Pike County site. Applicants must be 21 years of age and possess a High School Diploma/GED. Past experience with working with individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred. DSP training would be a plus. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Sick and vacation time provided and offer participation in 401(k) Retirement plan. Send resume to: Mental Health Centers of Western Illinois; Attn: Karen Epley; 120 N. Williams Industrial Dr.; Pittsfield, IL 62363 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pike County Housing Authority – Maintenance Technician: The Pike County Housing Authority located in Barry is seeking motivated self-starter to hire as a full time Maintenance Technician. This position involves completion of assigned work orders, cleaning/repair of vacant units, completing preventative maintenance, cleaning common areas, and ensuring property grounds are well maintained and free of debris and litter. Seeking individuals who have knowledge and ability to safely use tools & equipment needed to maintain property and units. Further skills desired include experience in plumbing, caprentry, HVAC, exterior maintenance, painting, tiling, etc. Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with a diverse population is a must. Valid license and reliable transportation to/from work required. On-call night and weekend work required on occasion. ABove job description is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Starting rate of pay is $11.00/hour with excellent benefits. Please send resume or return applications to: PCHA; Attn: Chris Bruns, Executive Director; 838 Mason St.; Barry, IL 62312. Applicants may also pick up employment applications at our office or print them directly from our website: www.pikehousing.com
- Calhoun County County Engineer: Full-time. Six-year appointment per the Illinois Highway Code. Position reports to the Five-member Calhoun County Board of Commissioners. Must meet the statutory requirements of the Illinois Highway Code 605 ILCS 5/5-201. Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois disciplined in highway and bridge design and construction. Must have a civil engineering background with at least 10 years practical experience in civil and highway engineering including highway construction and maintenance experience. Must establish residency in Calhoun County within 6 months of appointment and maintain residency thereafter. Instructions for Applying: Submit a cover letter, copy of Professional Engineer license and resume (including three references with contact information) to the address listed below by or on August 1, 2015. Rita Hagen; Calhoun County Clerk; PO Box 187; Hardin, IL 62047
- Casey’s General Store in Pittsfield is hiring full and part-time team members. Starting wage is $9/hour. Benefits include: 1/2 price meals & free fountain drinks; Medical, dental & vision insurance; 401K savings; Flexible spending account; Casey’s stock purchase plan; Pain training, vacation and sick leave. Advancement opportunities possible. Apply in person at: Casey’s; 321 E. Washington; Pittsfield or online at www.caseys.com
- Bowling Green and Louisiana Head Start Pre-School Educators : Job #061115 Lead Teacher-Louisiana, Job# 092614 Lead Teacher/ Family Advocate-Louisiana – 40 hrs/wk with summers off. Assoc. Degree in Early Childhood or a related field with coursework equiv. to a major in ECE, or a state certification in ECE required. Rewarding Early Childhood Classroom Environment. Job #051715 Child Family Support Advocate-Louisiana, Job #040115 Child Family Support Advocate-Bowling Green – 40 hrs/wk full year working in the classroom & providing social services to families. Requires at least a High School Diploma with an Infant/Toddler CDA credential. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Educ. or related field such as: Child Development, AA Teaching, etc. is preferred. Job #051215 Family Resource Advocate-Bowling Green – 40 hrs/wk with summers off. High school diploma or GED equivalency is required; a college degree in Social Services, or a related social science area is preferred. Job #061215 Extended Day Aide-Bowling Green – Part time position with summers off. H.S. diploma or GED and 1-2 yrs. exp. in caring for young children is pref. All 40 hr/wk positions include Health/Dental/Vision Ins., Paid holiday/sick/vac., Professional development, 401K, and much more.Submit resumes & transcripts to:
Douglass Community Services
711 Grand Ave
Hannibal, MO. 63401
or email email@example.com
Please reference Job # and apps. must be received by July 1, 2015. Voluntary self-ID sheets & apps. available at www.douglassonline.org. EOE
- Jiffi Stop offering $300 sign on bonus if you apply by June 17th for Customer Service and Maintenance Positions. Start at $8.40/hr and up. Apply in person at your local Jiffi Stop.
- Green Acres Hotel seeking night manage. Must have high school diploma and clean background check. Perfect opportunity for college student or retired individual or couple. Housing and utilities provided. Preference given to individuals with maintenance skills. Send letter of interest to: Green Acres Hotel; 625 W. Washington St.; Pittsfield, IL 62363 or via emails: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following: computer experience, experience working with public, your availability, salary requirements and educational background.
- Jiffi Stop now hiring Corporate Office Bookkeeper. Weekly paycheck, health & life insurance, 401K, vacation eligibility at 6 months. Experience required. For more details call: Smith Oil, 1317 W. Washington in Pittsfield. 217-285-5558, ext 221
Don’t forget to send us your Help Wanted Ads! Feel free to use our Contact Us section or email them to: email@example.com