Welcome to the Help Wanted section of Pike County Happenings. Each week we review the area newspapers, Chamber of Commerce and e-mail submissions to help you find your next job. Thank you to The Pike Express and Pike Press, and also from area businesses for your submissions and information. Let them know you found them on Pike County Happenings!
If you are an employer looking to fill a position, please send us your Help Wanted information no later than each Tuesday night by 9pm to our Contact Us form or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include how many weeks you would like your ad to run. This is a free service to help our residents and community.
Help Wanted April 5
- Pikers Steakhouse is now hiring for all positions. Day and evening shifts available, Please apply in person at 420 Georgia St. in Louisiana, MO.
- Help wanted washing trailer and trucks. Phil Bauer 217-473-2910
- Full time and part time sales positions available. Average pay $12-$18 hourly with commission and benefits. Full time benefits include half-paid health insurance, holiday and vacation pay, incentives and end of year bonus. Apply in person at USCC/Wavelengths inside Pittsfield Walmart
- Full time farm help wanted. Must have own transportation. Must be able to do physical work. No criminal records. 217-734-9234
- Barry Community Care Center at 1313 Pratt St. in Barry is seeking Nurse for 10 pm – 6:30 am shift, full time housekeeper for 6:30 am – 3 pm shift. We are looking for compassionate, cheerful caregivers devoted to providing the very best care to our elders. Please call between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday – Friday for more information. 217-335-2326
- Maintenance Technician. Griggsville feed mill is searching for maintenance technician to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on facility and equipment. Must have maintenance experience, plus be able to work from heights, climb ladders & lift 75 lbs. periodically. $15-$19/hr (DOE) plus excellent benefits. Send resume to: email@example.com or fax to 317-758-2680
- Peters Heating & Air Conditioning. Full time positions available for experienced installers and service technicians in the Quincy, Hannibal, Pittsfield and Hamilton locations. Excellent benefit package includes medical, retirement plan, 401K, vacation, company trip incentive, competitive wages. Please apply at 1401 W. Washington in Pittsfield or online at http://petersheatingandair.com/now-hiring/
- Illini Community Hospital has multiple positions: Registered Nurse – Surgery Center: Full-time days. Opening in the surgical unit for a .9 staff RN. Hours are M-F, 7 am – 3:30 pm. Must have current Illinois RN license, ACLS and BLS qualified. PALS within 6 months of hire, or experience preferred. Accountabilities of position: OR, GIL, PACU, and Ambulatory Surgery. Registered Nurse – Emergency Department: Per diem, varies. Current RN license in the state of Illinois. BLS certification required, ACLS, PALS certified within 6 months of hire. Previous emergency care experience preferred. Registered Nurse – Acute Care: Full time nights. This position is responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Performs technical nursing functions and upholds standards of practice of a professional nurse in caring for patients of all ages. Requires current RN license in the state of Illinois and current BLS certification. ACLS is required within 6 months of hire. Registered Nurse: Full time varies. Varied schedule will be a float position between Acute Care, Emergency Department, Outpatient Services, Surgery and the Illini Rural Health Clinic. Requires current license in the state of Illinois and current BLS certified. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire. Medical/Surgery Registered Nurse: Per diem, varies. Start rate $20.25. This position is responsible for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the development, implementation and outcomes evaluation of a plan for nursing care by the nursing team. Must be a graduate of RN School of Nursing, excellent written and verbal communication skills, BSN preferred. Must possess current Illinois RN license or NCLEX RN candidate report indicating that they have successfully passed RN boards, ACLS certified within 6 monhts of hire date, BLS certified wthin 6 months of hire date. For more information on all these positions and to apply, please go online to: www.illinihospital.org
- Fifth Gear wants you! Fifth Gear is accepting applications for the following positions: Warehouse – full time replenishment clerk 1 – night shift. Pick pack 1 – seasonal and part time, Receiving clerk, Personaization Lead – full time, evenings. Office: Business Support 1; Contact Center: Full and part time sales representatives, taking inbound calls and placing orders. Interested applicants can apply online at: www.infifthgear.com/careers or in person at 3016 W. Georgia St. in Louisiana, Mo.
- Dot Foods is now hiring a Part-Time Dispatch Clerk – Routing. In this position, Routing Analysts will provide instruction, with a focus on pre-planning orders and this position will execute the tasks given. There will be a lot of communication with customers, suppliers and drivers. Other duties include data entry and inclusion in other processes as needed. Job requirements: High school diploma or GED required, 4-year college degree preferred. Excellent mathematical and reading skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail and the capability to multi-task, strong, positive verbal and written communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. Hiring in Mt. Sterling, IL. Apply now at www.dotfoods.com or call 1-800-366-3687