Welcome to the Help Wanted section of Pike County Happenings. Each week we review the area newspapers, Chamber of Commerce and e-mail submissions to help you find your next job. Thank you to The Pike Express and Pike Press, and also from area businesses for your submissions and information. Let them know you found them on Pike County Happenings!
If you are an employer looking to fill a position, please send us your Help Wanted information no later than each Tuesday night by 9pm to our Contact Us form or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include how many weeks you would like your ad to run. This is a free service to help our residents and community.
Help Wanted July 29, 2015.
- Griggsville-Perry School District is accepting applications for substitute cafeteria workers. If interested, please submit resume to: J. Gladu, 202 N. Stanford, Griggsville IL 62340 or email to: email@example.com. An application is also available at the high school office.
- The Village of Meredosia is accepting applications for a Part-time Police Officer. Applications may be picked up at City Hall, located at 924 State Highway #104, Meredosia, between the hours of 8 am – noon, Monday through Friday.
- Fitness Instructor: Seeking individuals who ca provide a high level of customer service, motivate class participants through fitness instruction while leading structured aerobic classes, and continue to invite new participants to experience a healthy lifestyle.
We will train the right person. Part-time position, beginning in the fall of 2015, that includes YMCA membership incentives along with competitive pay. This position would teach at the Western Community Center in Barry, IL. Please submit a YMCA job application and/or resume to: Andrea Copenhaver, Branch Director; 1400 Mortimer Street; Barry, IL 62312 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pike County Christian Academy accepting applications for Teachers/Classroom Facilitator K4-12th Grades. Qualified applicants will be a certifed teacher with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Applicants are to have a heart for teaching a Christian education. Applicants must be willing to teach multiple grade levels. Applicants must possess good leadership skills. This position will answer to the board of directors. Send application to: 1308 W. Washington, Suite A; PO Box 72; Pittsfield, IL 62363 or email: email@example.com. Visit their website for more information: www.pikecountychristianacademy.org
- Part-time Merchandiser: Refreshment Services Pepsi is seeking part-time merchandising employees for nights and weekend in our Pittsfield area market to keep retail displays continually stocked with products while maintaining the expectations of all sales/marketing plans and all company merchandising standards. Requirements include a valid driver’s license, clean background and driving record, and be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Please apply online at: http://refreshmentservicespepsi.com/employment
- PACT Head Start in Pittsfield is seeking a one-on-one aide. PACT will train. Contact Megan Evans at 217-285-2234 for more information.
- University of Illinois Extension 4-H Program Coordinator (Part-time). Seeking applications for an Extension Program Coordinator (50% FTE) working with the 4-H program in Pike County, Illinois. Details at http://go.illinois.edu/ExtCSPositions. Submit a completed online application and exam request for the specific vacancy at https://jobs.illinois.edu by August 3rd, 2015. All Extension vacancies begin with EXT.
- Douglass Community Services Non-Profit Executive Director: If you are a hands-on leader who thrives on serving unmet needs, interacting with clients and donors and directing employees, you’re our candidate! Douglass Community Services is an umbrella non-profit serving 8 counties in NE Missouri. Recipients of federal, state and private funding with +/- 130 employees. Bachelor’s degree and strong management experience required. Competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits. Send application letter including salary requirements and resume to: Attn: Janeane Reis, Douglass Community Services; 711 Grand Ave.; Hannibal, MO 63401 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by August 21, 2015.
- DOT Hiring: Margin Analyst, Drivers & Warehouse. To apply for Margin Analyst, apply online at dotfoods.com. To apply and for more information regarding Drivers & Warehouse, attend the on-site interview on July 30 at John Wood Community College in Pittsfield. To guarantee an on-site interview, be sure to apply online before the event.
- Jiffi Stop hiring Customer Service Positions, starting wage $8.40/hour and up. Flexible hours, holiday pay, insurance options, three evaluations for raises in first year. Apply in person at your local Jiffi Stop.
- Cook & waitress needed at Joe’s Drive-in, Griggsville. Call 217-833-2833.
- Calhoun County County Engineer: Full-time. Six-year appointment per the Illinois Highway Code. Position reports to the Five-member Calhoun County Board of Commissioners. Must meet the statutory requirements of the Illinois Highway Code 605 ILCS 5/5-201. Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois disciplined in highway and bridge design and construction. Must have a civil engineering background with at least 10 years practical experience in civil and highway engineering including highway construction and maintenance experience. Must establish residency in Calhoun County within 6 months of appointment and maintain residency thereafter. Instructions for Applying: Submit a cover letter, copy of Professional Engineer license and resume (including three references with contact information) to the address listed below by or on August 1, 2015. Rita Hagen; Calhoun County Clerk; PO Box 187; Hardin, IL 62047
Don’t forget to send us your Help Wanted Ads! Feel free to use our Contact Us section or email them to: email@example.com